Moving homes sometimes can be stressful, so it’s only natural to want to optimise the process as much as possible – includes selecting the best time of the year to move. Although each season has its pros and cons, it’s generally agreed that summer is the best time to move. But what if you have no option but to move during the winter?
Many people avoid winter moves. Unpredictable weather can make moving more complicated and time-consuming.
The festive season is around the corner, and most people already have too much on their plate preparing for it. So moving during the winter is not ideal, but it has its advantages. Since this is the off-peak season, you may get better deals. Also, movers aren’t as busy, so they’ll be more likely to accommodate your chosen date.
At Rogers Removals, we’ve been helping homeowners move for decades – even during the winter. Here are some tips on how to make winter moves go smoothly:
- Make a week-by-week moving calendar or checklist and allocate extra time for each task. We suggest starting eight weeks before moving day.
- Make safety a priority by clearing all paths and pavement around your home to prevent slips and falls.
- Ask your removal company about how flexible they are in case you need to reschedule due to extreme weather.
- Weatherproof boxes that contain valuables.
- Consider putting unused belongings in storage. This way, you’ll have fewer boxes to unpack at your new home.
You can find more winter moving tips on our blog. And remember that the Rogers Removals team is here to make your home move stress free, even if you are moving during the winter.
Call Back Request
Request Storage Solutions
Every month we scan and publish every feedback form that we receive. Select any month to read the signed reviews of our service, written in our customers own writing. We invite you to view the originals at our office.
BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF REMOVERS
We are members of The British Association of Removers. The BAR has represented the professional mover for over 100 years. BAR is committed to promoting the highest standards of customer care.